All DIY projects, i.e., DIY plans in the “Free Projects“ category are under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0) license. This license is valid for the item made by our plan only. It does not apply to downloadable files, images, and texts. For files, images, and texts, please read the License Agreement.
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0)
You are free to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
If you create an item using our plan, all of the above apply specified in the license, provided that:
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
- If you decorate an item with our pattern, or if you make something based on our 3D model, then all of the above listed in the license is to apply, provided that:
- By commercial use we mean serial production, i.e., production and sales in online stores, chain stores or stores owned by a company. By commercial use we neither mean the production (decorating items with our pattern or making items based on our 3D models) of one or several pieces nor their sales at craft fairs, at your craft shops, or if you sell to your neighbors or fellow citizens.
- The entire Craftsmanspace website has been created for craftsmen, artisans, hobbyists, individuals and low-income people, not for some companies to download our materials for free, produce something based on them, and make mass sales via their online shops or through their (chain) stores.
- Creating content, drawing patterns and modeling 3D models take a lot of time and knowledge; it would only be fair (which is also required by the license) that, in case you are using our materials on your websites, in your books, or in your work generally, you point out that you have downloaded them from us, i.e., not to credit for somebody else's work!