- Animal equipment plans
- Art and craft equipment plans
- Baby accessories plans
- Box plans
- Fitness equipment plans
- Furniture plans
- Garden furniture and accessories plans
- Interesting DIY plans from other websites
- Jig, clamp and fixture plans
- Kids toy plans
- Kitchen utensil plans
- Massager plans
- Mechanical 3D puzzle plans
- Office accessories plans
- Park equipment plans
- Playground equipment plans
- Recycled metal art plans
- Scale model plans
- Stool plans
- Woodturning projects
- Workshop tools plans
- Wrought iron furniture and accessories plans
CNC machine DIY plans and build instructions
CNC Router PlansCNC router plans are a great starting point for anyone wanting to build a CNC router. They give valuable insight on how these machines work. Many of us are very visual people and it helps to see examples of these machines laid out on paper. Some plans are thorough enough to act as a complete blueprint from start to finish while others only offer bits of information.
You may prefer to design and build your own machine. However, CNC router plans can still be a valuable resource. Plans can give you great ideas.
This design is very popular among the DIY CNC router community. This set of plans is very detailed and contains dimensions on all parts. This is a mobile gantry type designed around a wood or MDF construction utilizing skate bearings for the linear motion system.
“Joe’s 2006 R-1” Design
This is another very popular design. This design is also a mobile gantry CNC router, designed around a wood or MDF structure. The linear motion system is also design around skate bearings. However, the x-axis employs dual rods and each side instead of one.
DIYLILCNCThe .zip file below contains: a detailed, 65-page instruction set covering every step of our build, from parts lists to assembly and Linux setup; DXF files for all the laser-cut parts used to construct the gantry.
DIYLILCNC 1.0 - Open-source plans for a low-cost CNC mill.
3Dcoup have a working area of 500 mm x 940 mm x 190 mm (20" x 37" x 7.5")
Overall dimensions are 1040 mm x 1300 mm x 800 mm.
• Material: MDF(body) and extruded aluminium profile (bed)
• Size(Width x Length x Height): roughly 400mm x 540mm x 400mm (16in x 21in x 16in)
• Working area(Width x Length x Height): 276mm x 415mm x 50mm (10in x 16in x 2in)
• Axis: NEMA 23-equivalent stepper motor with trapezoidal screw bar and chrome linear guide
The machine uses chinese linear rails and ballscrews from ebay seller linearmotionbearings2008. With the 1.8Nm stepper motors I use with geckodrive g540 it achieves 10m/min rapids and 5m/min feedrates. The working area is about 110cm x 60cm x 10cm.
Expected cost to build a machine like this from scratch is 1000-1300 euros. It also took me over 80 hours to build.