This is a list of free and open source office software (Text editors, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, PDF viewers, DJVU viewers...).
LibreOffice is a powerful and free office suite, used by millions of people around the world. Its clean interface and feature-rich tools help you unleash your creativity and enhance your productivity. LibreOffice includes several applications that make it the most versatile Free and Open Source office suite on the market: Writer (word processing), Calc (spreadsheets), Impress (presentations), Draw (vector graphics and flowcharts), Base (databases), and Math (formula editing).
Your documents will look professional and clean, regardless of their purpose: a letter, a master thesis, a brochure, financial reports, marketing presentations, technical drawings and diagrams. LibreOffice makes your work look great while you focus on the content.
LibreOffice is compatible with a wide range of document formats such as Microsoft® Word (.doc, .docx), Excel (.xls, .xlsx), PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx) and Publisher. But LibreOffice goes much further with its native support for a modern and open standard, the Open Document Format (ODF). With LibreOffice, you have maximum control over your data and content – and you can export your work in many different formats including PDF.
Beyond the many features shipped by default, LibreOffice is easily extensible through its powerful extensions mechanisms. Get even more features and document templates on our dedicated websites.
LibreOffice is Free and Open Source Software, available for everyone to use, share and modify, and produced by a worldwide community of hundreds of developers. Our software is tested and used daily by a large and devoted user community – we're open to new talent and new ideas, so get involved and influence its future.
Built on a strong heritage.
Welcome to Scribus, a page layout program for Linux, FreeBSD, PC-BSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, OpenIndiana, Debian GNU/Hurd, Mac OS X, OS/2 Warp 4, eComStation, Haiku and Windows. Since its humble beginning in the spring of 2001, Scribus has evolved into one of the premier Open Source desktop applications. Encouraged by professionals and beginners alike, the Scribus Team, with support from a large and growing number of enthusiastic contributors from all over the world, is dedicated to develop and improve “one of the most powerful and useful open-source projects out there” (TechRepublic). Underneath a user-friendly interface, Scribus supports professional publishing features, such as CMYK colors, spot colors, ICC color management and versatile PDF creation. Scribus has many unexpected touches, such as powerful vector drawing tools, support for a huge number of file types via import/export filters, emulation of color blindness or the rendering of markup languages like LaTeX or Lilypond inside Scribus. The Scribus file format is XML-based and open. Unlike proprietary binary file formats, even damaged documents can be recovered with a simple text editor – sometimes a challenging …
Google Docs is a word processor included as part of a free, web-based software office suite offered by Google within its Google Drive service. This service also includes Google Sheets and Google Slides, a spreadsheet and presentation program respectively. Google Docs is available as a web application, mobile app for Android, iOS, Windows, BlackBerry, and as a desktop application on Google's ChromeOS. The app is compatible with Microsoft Office file formats. The application allows users to create and edit files online while collaborating with other users in real-time. Edits are tracked by user with a revision history presenting changes. An editor's position is highlighted with an editor-specific color and cursor. A permissions system regulates what users can do. Updates have introduced features using machine learning, including "Explore", offering search results based on the contents of a document, and "Action items", allowing users to assign tasks to other users.
Compatible with other major office suites, Apache OpenOffice is free to download, use, and distribute. Download it now, and get:
- Writer a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
- Calc a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyze, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
- Impress the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
- Draw lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
- Base lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within Apache OpenOffice.
- Math lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.
Apache OpenOffice is free software:
You may download Apache OpenOffice completely free of any license fees
Install it on as many PCs as you like
Use it for any purpose - private, educational, government and public administration, commercial...
Pass on copies free of charge to family, friends, students, employees, etc.
Calligra Suite is a graphic art and office suite by KDE. It is available for desktop PCs, tablet computers, and smartphones. It contains applications for word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, databases, vector graphics, and digital painting.
Calligra uses the OpenDocument format as its default file format for most applications and can import other formats, such as Microsoft Office formats. Calligra relies on KDE technology and is often used in combination with KDE Plasma Workspaces.
List of components:
- Words - A word processor with the ability to import Microsoft Word documents.
- Sheets - A spreadsheet program, formerly known as KSpread and Calligra Tables.
- Stage - A presentation program, formerly known as KPresenter.
- Kexi - A visual database management front-end, similar to Microsoft Access and with limited compatibility to Access' file format. A Report Designer to replace Kugar is included.
- Plan - A project management application that can create Gantt charts. Formerly known as KPlato.
- Braindump - A notetaking and mindmapping application newly introduced with Calligra Suite 2.4.
- Flow - A programmable flowchart drawing program with dynamically loadable stencils. Formerly known as Kivio.
- Karbon - A vector graphics editor, formerly known as Karbon14.
- Krita - A digital painting program with some image editing features. Formerly known as Krayon and KImageshop.
- Author - An e-book authoring application like iBooks Author with EPUB export, introduced with Calligra Suite 2.6.
LaTeX, which is pronounced «Lah-tech» or «Lay-tech» (to rhyme with «blech» or «Bertolt Brecht»), is a document preparation system for high-quality typesetting. It is most often used for medium-to-large technical or scientific documents but it can be used for almost any form of publishing.
LaTeX is not a word processor! Instead, LaTeX encourages authors not to worry too much about the appearance of their documents but to concentrate on getting the right content.
- Typesetting journal articles, technical reports, books, and slide presentations.
- Control over large documents containing sectioning, cross-references, tables and figures.
- Typesetting of complex mathematical formulas.
- Advanced typesetting of mathematics with AMS-LaTeX.
- Automatic generation of bibliographies and indexes.
- Multi-lingual typesetting.
- Inclusion of artwork, and process or spot colour.
- Using PostScript or Metafont fonts
Adobe Reader is free software that lets you open, view, search, digitally sign, verify, and print PDF files. Portable Document Format (PDF) is a file format created by Adobe Systems in 1993 for document exchange. PDF is used for representing two-dimensional documents in a manner independent of the application software, hardware, and operating system.
Adobe Reader software is the global standard for electronic document sharing. It is the only PDF file viewer that can open and interact with all PDF documents. Use Adobe Reader to view, search, digitally sign, verify, print, and collaborate on Adobe PDF files.
Free PDF Editor - Free PDF Tools - Free PDF Writer
You can use the Free PDF Writer to create free PDF or Image from any printable application. You can use the Free PDF Tools to merge, split, reorder, delete, encrypt, decrypt, rotate, crop and reformat PDF pages, add information/header/footer/watermark, convert image to PDF or PDF to image, scan a Paper to PDF, and more. You can use the FREE PDF Editor to fill the form, type text, comment, create form, and more.
PDFedit is a free open source pdf editor and a library for manipulating PDF documents, released under terms of GNU GPL version 2. It includes PDF manipulating library based on xpdf, GUI, set of command line tools and a pdf editor.
PDFsam Basic, a free, open source, multi-platform software designed to split, merge, extract pages, mix and rotate PDF files.
PDF merge - Merge is the most used PDFsam Basic module and lets you combine PDF files together. Input PDF files can be merged completely or partially. A page selection can be set in the form of comma separated page intervals (Ex. 1-10, 14, 25-) letting you specify what pages you want to merge for every input PDF file.
Set what to do with the bookmarks of the merged PDF files. You can merge them together, discard them to keep the resulting file smaller or create a new bookmarks tree with one entry for every merged PDF file.
Set what to do with AcroForms when they are found in the input PDF file. You can discard them but also merge them into a new form or even merge them renaming fields with name clashes.
Add a table of contents at the beginning of the generated PDF. A list of clickable entries will let you easily navigate through the merged PDF files.
WinDjView is a fast, compact and powerful DjVu viewer for Windows with tabbed interface, continuous scrolling and advanced printing options. It uses the free DjVuLibre library to decode DjVu documents. DjVu is a web-centric format and software platform for distributing documents and images.
WinDjView and MacDjView are free software; you can redistribute them and/or modify them under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
- Supports all popular Windows versions (10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2008, Server 2003)
- Tabbed document interface. Alternatively it can open each document in its own window.
- Continuous or single page layout, with an option to group facing pages
- Interface languages: English, Russian (for older versions: also Ukrainian, Greek, Hungarian, French, Portuguese, Chinese Simplified, Tatarish). To install, download the corresponding language dll into the installation folder and restart the program.
- User-created bookmarks and annotations
- Text searching and copying*
- Supports dictionaries that translate words under mouse pointer*
- Thumbnails with adjustable size
- Contents and hyperlinks
- Advanced printing
- Fullscreen mode
- Magnifying glass and marquee zoom
- Export pages (or a part of a page) to bmp, png, gif, tif and jpg
- Rotate pages by 90 degrees
- Zoom to page, page width, 100% or custom zoom
- Brightness, contrast and gamma adjustment
- Display modes: Color, Black & White, Foreground, Background
- Keyboard shortcuts for scrolling and navigation
- If requested, associates with DjVu files in Explorer
DjVu is a web-centric format and software platform for distributing documents and images. DjVu can advantageously replace PDF, PS, TIFF, JPEG, and GIF for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed and panned with no lengthy re-rendering. DjVu is used by hundreds of academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the world.
DjVuLibre is an open source (GPL'ed) implementation of DjVu, including viewers, browser plugins, decoders, simple encoders, and utilities.