In this project, you are presented with plan, according to which you can make a Shoulder press bench.
The construction of the machine is made of metal and all parts are interconnected by welding. In order to build a shoulder press according to this plan, you must have basic experience in metalworking and welding. The seat is made of wood and we recommend that it is padded.
W 1142mm (44.97'') x D 1100mm (43.31'') x H 1249mm (49.17)
The muscles most affected by exercise on the shoulder press are: deltoids, trapezium, triceps, rotator cuff muscles and plethora of other muscles. As you can see, the shoulder press provides a useful weight training exercise affecting your upper body muscle groups.
Just to mention one more thing: the exercise affects the upper body only, and this is a disadvantage. Before embarking on the project for the shoulder press machine, give it more thought than you usually do, because exercises with barbells or dumbbells in the sitting position develop the same muscles as the shoulder press and, in addition, are a much cheaper way of exercising.
- Select the weight (barbell plates).
- Sit down on the Shoulder press bench
- Grab the handles to your sides as you keep the elbows bent and in line with your torso.
- Now lift the handles and you extend the arms fully. At the top of the position, hold the contraction for a second.
- Lower the handles slowly back as you inhale.
- Repeat the exercise a number of times.